Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Siiiiiiiigh. Long day. Or at least, it BECAME a really long day. I had a late seminar class, and then went straight from that to a UAS (undergraduate astronomy society) meeting....with lots of funny nerdy jokes and fun stargazing and Jupiter gazing. Oh! And Heather appeared near the end of the gazing and we had a great time. Speaking of funny, my sister is such an alcoholic yah (hee hee) she wants to to go drinking this weekend at St. Francis. Hooray for sailing regattas. Lots of really drunk peepz hangin' out, shmoozing. And feeling each other up...mostly talking though. You get more felt up at frat parties, I personally think. The last frat (drinking) party I went to, I seem to remember lots of people groping other people, etc. A-N-Y-Way....On to more fun topics. Like for example this amusing site:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/kim_jong_il__

Whoever comes up with these suckers is a genius. An amusing genius at that. Oh, Speaking of my seminar on urban planning in the "built environment," I heard several good quotes today in class. one of them was "You can't change people, but you can change their lightbulbs." -Frank DiMassa. Pretty cool when you consider that by replacing your incandescent lightbulbs with energy-saving flourescents, you can save up to 70% in efficiency and cost! Wow, am amazed by my techno-geekiness once again. Hee hee, another quote was that incandescent lights are "heaters that give off a little light." Courtesy of my TA, TH. Yeah, that's his name, unless we're referring to him as Tha' Homie. Hey, and if you use LED's, you have a 98% decrease in energy use...and save a LOT of moola. (dough, wad, cash, cha-ching...) AND, the government/ energy companies often offer subsidies for putting solar roof tiles (available in black, silver, gold and blue) on your house to cut peak energy loads during the summer. Wow, I'm going to SO do that when I get my own home. The stuff's pretty fire retardant too. not to mention pretty looking.

Well, I'm happy. I got back lots of feedback so far from my insanely large letter to all my friends. Wait till I tell them that I have a blog. They'll REALLY be amused. Have I mentioned that I really love Julie? She just randomly came by and visited me (after reading the letter) for tea and extra sugary biscuits. Mmmm. Orange powdered sugar biscuits. That would be biscuits in the ENGLISH sense of the word (cookies, ya numbnuts). Hee hee, j/k. But hooray for friends. I luvs ya! And Heather too, for goofing off and accusing me of being cheese pizza and biting me today...just for the silliness of it all. I swear we have our own language of "Meh"'s and grunts. ha ha ha.

GAWD it was freaking freezing here today. I honestly don't know what to do with myself here at UCLA-- i don't know how to dress for the weather. I wore long pants and shoes and a t-shirt, but it was really big thick jacket kind of day. I swear, I was confused. How can it be cold when the sun is shining so brightly? So Lost. I guess I should turn on the news in the morning, but that would wake the roomies. I just CAN'T win. Brrrrr. Still cold. I had to run back up to the room before UAS to get beanie, sweatshirt and gloves. Good thing I had them. The ninth floor of the astronomy building gets really cold and windy. I was 40 minutes late, but it didn't matter much. They just goofed off until I arrived, and THEN started the meeting. Does this make me a good motivator? I think I have doubts...

Booo, my little zen garden fell of my printer today, but I managed to salvage it and it is now sitting SAFELY on my desk. boohoo. Hmm. I should probably water my plants too, if I don't want them to suddenly die on me. That MIGHT be good, huh?

How do I make this thing/blog able to get feedback from people? I must figure this out....so people can make comments. Comments are always amusing. Yeah. Hmm. More later, perhaps?

Oh, Music of the Minute, randomly selected by Winamp:
Braveheart keo "amazing grace".
Wow, that's my RA's name. Cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home