Tuesday, November 04, 2003

This makes me sad:

ABYCsailor: hooker.

HWTEgrl: heeey

ABYCsailor
: i need to know when you
wanna come home friday


HWTEgrl: on friday? come home?

ABYCsailor
: yes

HWTEgrl: why? aunt shirley?

ABYCsailor
: so we can go visit aunt
shirley


ABYCsailor: yes

ABYCsailor: you have practice?

HWTEgrl: ohhhh. are you not going
to the regatta the next day?


HWTEgrl
: isn't it n/south?

ABYCsailor
: no....

ABYCsailor: stanford invite

HWTEgrl: ohhhhhhh.

ABYCsailor
: im not going cuz of aunt
shirley


HWTEgrl: riiight. forgot about that.
hang on a sec


ABYCsailor
: oh, and i got a ralph's club
card...so if u want one of the nifty
keychain ones they gave me, i can give
it to ya


HWTEgrl: ummm. oh, i have one of
those too.


ABYCsailor
: oh yea?

HWTEgrl: ok, tom said "don't even
bother wi/ practice"


ABYCsailor
: well, i have a SENIOR
benefits one


ABYCsailor: nyaaaaaaa

HWTEgrl: however, i dunno when ha
ha ha we're leaving for the regatta


ABYCsailor
: oh, you're going?

ABYCsailor: well, fuck me

HWTEgrl: i could not go

ABYCsailor
: you'd better tell me now

ABYCsailor: cuz i gotta plan major shit,
and im super stressed


HWTEgrl: what do you need to
know? when is ur practice?


ABYCsailor
: i need to know if you're
goin to the fuckin regatta this weekend!


ABYCsailor: jesus

HWTEgrl: fuck it.

HWTEgrl
: aunt shirley's more
important


ABYCsailor
: ok, then i will try and get
out of practice friday to come get you
that morning


HWTEgrl: okay. at like 1pm?

HWTEgrl
: ohhh, you don't have
class...arg!


ABYCsailor
: 1 pm?

HWTEgrl: ok, twelve?

ABYCsailor
: well, whenever

HWTEgrl: i'm calling mom...

ABYCsailor
: no

ABYCsailor: they're sleeping dumbass

HWTEgrl: oops. fuccck,

HWTEgrl
: forgot!

HWTEgrl
: i thought it was only nine
oclock


ABYCsailor
: pay attention stupid

ABYCsailor: :-P

HWTEgrl: arrrrrrrrrrrg

HWTEgrl
: me dumbass

HWTEgrl
: ok.

ABYCsailor
: send fuckin send me a
goddamn email and tell me WHAT TIME
TO GET YOU ON FRIDAY


ABYCsailor: and be ready

HWTEgrl: well, fuck it. A. shirley's
more important. TWELVE. allright. pick
me up @hillgard and strathmore


HWTEgrl
: (sorority row)

ABYCsailor
: by the AEPI house?

HWTEgrl: yeah. I'll hoof it over there
like no tomorrow


ABYCsailor
: k

HWTEgrl: should i bring anything to
stay overnite?


ABYCsailor
: DUH

HWTEgrl: i'm gonna skip el regatta.
ok.


HWTEgrl
: i'll do that

ABYCsailor
: ok

HWTEgrl: so, twelve at aephi

HWTEgrl
: cool

ABYCsailor
: cool


Very sad indeed. I love my great aunt. Why does she have to die so soon? I don't want her to! I still have the best memories of her---giving me pearl earrings for my birthday, and upon learning that I couldn't wear them, saying "Eh, wait till you pearce your ears then!!" Of learning to hula. Of visiting with them at Catalina on the beach, while they wore their gigantic hats. Of giving her a hug every time I saw her (so she wouldn't get offended if I forgot). Of her biting and amusing wit. The smell of her cigarettes---smoky and mysterious when you hugged her. Her jewelry, and incredibly bright colored clothes. Her olive skin. The way her eyes crinkled up at the corners and how she always called me "dearie".

I love you aunt Shirley.

Stick around until friday, okay? I want to see you again...before I never have the chance to again. Tell God you need a few more days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home