Thursday, November 06, 2003

From the vampire's den: AKA: DEATH BY FLOGGING!!!

Yay, I love it when people write to me....

On 04 Nov 2003 10:32:00 PST Tyler.L.Murphy@directory.reed.edu wrote:
> Hey Braine,
> Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you after your wonderful
> letter the other day. Mom forwarded it to me, so I got it about a
> week ago. And to answer your most important question, my address:
>
> Tyler Murphy ...
> blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah
blah blah, blah blah blahhh
>
> So, exactly the same as last year. I keep the same mailbox all four
> years, which is really convenient.
> So, Halloween was good. I wasn't feeling too well the day of, but
> that night, a whole munch of my friends and I got together and carved
> pumpkins, listened to War of the Worlds (Orson Wells-style), and
> generally had a good time. Then the next day was Harvest Ball. They
> Might Be Giants played and a good time was had by all. I spent the
> afternoon with some friends doing ridiculously elaborate makeup.
> I've included a picture of myself (once again with a ridiculous case
> of red-eye... I must be some kind of demon... every picture...jeez)
> as the white rabbit. We went as a group Alice in Wonderland. We had
> an Alice, a Mad Hatter, a Cheshire Cat, a Queen of Hearts, and me.
> It was a good group, and we looked slightly freaky, in good Halloween
> fashion. I designed my makeup after Dia de los Muertos style (since
> dance itself was on Nov 1). It was fun. However, I also cut my
> nails into points, and it's making it interesting to type. I haven't
> gotten rid of them yet, as I am really liking having precision
> itching tools.
> So, have you shaved your head yet? And how is sailing, and your job,
> going? Don't run yourself too ragged. I know plenty about that. I
> actually had a slight episode last week when it seemed like there was
> way too much to get done. I three hours of sleep one night, and
> about five every other, so I was running on nothing. It was pretty
> miserable. And no, the workload as not let up. Still plenty to do.
> Hopefully by now your computer is off the blink and you can receive
> this. As for you and Rachelle road tripping up here, I am actually
> going to be in Portland during the summer, I'm not going home. I
> still haven't seen the Seattle house, and I won't until Christmas,
> which is fine by me, really.
> So, sorry this isn't in writing, but I will try to write you a real
> letter at some point here once I have a few seconds. So much to do.
> Hope all's well. Stay frosty.
> Later, Mouse

Hey MOUSIE!!!
Well, the workload has slowly improved, though I think I'm becoming a nocturnal vampire. (Did I mention that this insanity is garlic-noodle inspired? heh heh, whups!)
LOVE your halloween makeup, by the way. Very cool. I actually ended up having a random halloween experience: I was DD for a bunch of my really drunk homies (and roomie) across LA in the pouring rain...in my roomies GIANT land-boat van. Wheeee! We went to a party in east LA at her friend's house (bands, lots of people getting drunk...) and I drank LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of caffeine. Oh, and we can't forget the drunken munchy in'n'out stop, nor my famous quote: "Everyone got pee, got food, got happy??!?! GOOD!!" Hey, I was nervous, alright?
Hee hee, precision itching tools!! What a great idea. I had really nice nails for the weekend (gave myself a french manicure...) but I had to cut them off for sailing. (weep, weep!)
Spent last night up writing a paper outline, and rearranging kickass room. Evidently our room is very "homey" according to several floor sources. (IE: everyone who walks in to visit us). Huh. Oh, and we finally figured out how to hang our mirror on the wall. And my evil subwoofer works again. BAWAHAAAHA HA HAAAA! ^^
Mostly frozen here in sunny CA. Been pretty cold (for here) with the temp not going above 65. Nice fall weather. Lovely! Except that I'm having a small problem: I haven't done laundry to wash all my dirty sweaters. DOH! Oooh, finally have money, So I'll have to do it this weekend....Maybe I could take it home? hmmm, what a great thought.
It's been a very trying week, when all I want to do is go home. My great aunt is dying (lung cancer spread to her brain) and it makes life kind of ...fake. All the small shit isn't important, you know? And I really have no clue how to respond to when people ask, "How are you?" Should I lie and say "fine" or just be like, "like Crap"? So far, I mostly brush stuff off and say, "oh, ok." and then ask them how their week is going really fast. Only a few people know anyways. Juliana is picking me up tomorrow to go visit her this weekend.
On a happier note: what are you doing this next week? For Tuesday, I mean. I think I'm going rock climbing somewhere. My first time! I've never been before, and it's on my list of "things to do before I'm 25"!! Whohooo! And, of course, a moment of respectful silence for all the veterans out there. Maybe I'll call my grandpa and say hello.
OoooH! OoooH! Finally got contacts~ took me long enough. Am now seriously addicted to being able to see. Though I do have my ditsy days when i forget to put them in and go to class and squint anyways...silly of me. Will send you real mail very soon....Sorry, maybe this weekend. Or something. Bleh bleh. Ooh, my blog is slowly becoming more entertaining. (http://Xc3ll3n3me.blogspot.com) hee heee.
That's all for now....
Stay well, and keep the penguins away from your neck.
Oh, wait, I meant vampires.

Braine

Told You all I was crazy, right? *whistles innocently*
And nowwwwwwww......for some spanish and C++ code writing!! (very anticlimatic)
peace out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home