Friday, May 12, 2006

Apartment Blues

Am so frustrated.

Toes and Tanya and I found an apartment....good price, really nice. The only damn snag is that my parents seem to be in denial of what my summer plans are, and aren't willing to co-sign for registration (which means a credit check---I can understand why they wouldn't want to get one, since unneccessary ones lower your credit score, each time you get one...) so we might not get the apartment.

So to eliminate confusion here are my summer plans:
1. Find a job. work at said job.
2. Take a full load of classes (10 units) for A and C summer session.
3. Find a place to live here, since it'd be easier than having to carpool. Also, I'll need a place for next school year---might as well get a place for the year, since I'll most likely be working for the two(?) quarters after I finish school.

This means (a) I will probably need someone to co-sign on a lease SOMEWHERE. (b) You can't find places that do month-to-month rent around here, because it's a STUDENT area---that means a long-term lease. (c) I can't live in the sorority, so I might as well find a place that I can live in for the entire year. This will save time and effort if I decided to do the whole subletting thing---I wouldn't have to scramble madly to find another apartment. Whohoo!

Fuck.

So my two girlfriends who I was planning on living with are going to get an apartment, and I have to scramble like mad to find another roommate to live with IF I want to live with them. (Which I REALLY do.) Or, if they find two people who're ready to sign up on the lease with them, then I have to find my own living situation. Greeeeeaaaat. It's not their fault, I wouldn't blame them if they found two other roomies. They need a place to live, asap. So do I but the memo must have gotten lost somewhere. Shoved up a crack somewhere, maybe.

I know it's sudden to spring on the parents. I know they don't like the manager, but he's got a week until the current residents of the apartment move out, and he wants to make sure that the apartment will be occupied with people and not losing him money by standing empty. I'd be pretty frustrated if I had some potential tenants that were suddenly acting flaky after one of them confirmed that they were going to go ahead. I can understand that. Okay, so maybe we confirmed that we'd go ahead too soon and didn't give us enough time to explain everything and get our parents approval. Why is this so damn difficult?

Maybe I just needed more time to explain to MY parents what was going on. Obviously so. It is just really frustrating to feel like I letting my roomies down by not being on the same page-----since I'm the only one really dependent upon them to pay for my housing. This is why I really HATE being financially dependent and not working. I KNEW I should have just gotten my own damn job in the first place and started supporting myself. This is just too much of a hassle to deal with not being able to do stuff without my parent's approval. I feel like a five year old that's been smacked on the hands for reaching for a cookie.

I can see that credit checks won't help anyone if I'm not going to get the apartment. Yeah, I gotcha. But what is so different about getting an apartment NOW as opposed to when I get out of college and am living on my own? I'd need them to co-sign then too. RRRRRRG. I'm not going to be living with them for the rest of my life!

Fuck.

Final conclusion: I really REALLLY need a job. Then I could pay for my own damn housing. I think that my parents are in denial. I need to GET THROUGH SCHOOL and to do that, I need to take classes here and WORK. ARRRRRG.

Maybe I'm just too damn frustrated about this.

Yeah, that's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home