Friday, April 04, 2003

Geeze. I Woke up this morning at nine...late for me, and realized that my other alarm clock was blinking "4:22" repeatedly. Stupid gits that turn off the power in the dorms. Ah Well, at least the alarm that I use runs on batteries. Never thought that I'd be glad to say that.

Well, COB was lovely last night, except for the fact that I didn't get to talk to ANY of the girls, really. I was serving food the whole time. And THEN, cleaning up. Oh, the stress. So, at the end of the night, I took some of the flowers and all of the balloons home with me--I deserved it, damnit! I worked the whole time~! Mmmm, I do love yellow roses. Exciting.

Now, I'm trying to de-stress from packing for St. Francis this weekend. I still am kind of feeling stressed. I est my alarm early on my desk... you know, "spring forward"? Well, I kept looking at it, and started to panic, thinking I had half an hour left to pack and then get to class! So, I flipped out. Then, I look at my wristwatch, and go, "OHMIGOD, I'M SOOO BLOND!" (I'm not). So, maybe I'll have time after I finish this to do my dishes and all the other things I've left undone. I think this is it for today.

Oh, Here is some more zen goodness:

Movement and stillness:
Both are part of the same principle,
Emotions of this dusty world
Are not as important as the Way,
So I endure this thin paper robe
Until the dawn bell,
While pomegranate leaves and mulberry
Branches dance in the north wind.

- Tesshu Tokusai (d.1366)

A little melancholy, no? *Siiiiiiiigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home