Saturday, August 14, 2004

All set for...LUDICROUS SPEED!!!

Ha! Finally went and got a life. Okay, not really, only for a short while. Mostly, it consisted of me and my big sis Bridget going out to celebrate her 21st BDAY!!! On an aborted booze-buying mission. Did you know you can't buy booze at the supermarket in the USA unless you're 21 PLUS one day? Boo, sucky!

Anywhoo, still had fun hangin' at her apartment, watching Ruroni Kenshin anime and eating LOTS of donuts... Sucks though that I had a big mug of REALLY F'IN' strong earl grey tea right before we crashed for the night...uhhhg. I SO shouldn't have done that, It kept me awake for TWO hours!! yee. Ah well, the couch was comfy, and they let me sleep until lunchtime, when we went out for sushi at tomodachi!! So, thank you, ladies, that was FUN, and I'll be your resident couch whore ANYTIME~ tee hee hee!

Last couple of days, have spent depressed about the whole visa issue. (Okay, no, weeks.) I guess I'd better just face the music and talk to mom and dad about the shitty visa people. *sighs* Shiiiiit.

Am going to cut the hair. It is pissing me off IMMENSELY. Hmm. Must find picture of style I want. A pixy-ish girl mullet. Saw it in a Magazine, but can't remember which one. Damn. Got a new shampoo, Garnier Fructise. Smells nice, works okay. Still, GRRR.

Have read (0ver the past three days): Siddhartha by Herman Hesse, and The Da Vinci Code by Brown-somebody-or-other. Siddhartha was EXCELLENT. I have a bunch of really cool quotes from it to post, sometime. Da Vinci Code was very high octane and entertaining, despite being slightly historically inaccurate. I can now grasp the meaning of "Artistic license". Yep. Started on Angels and Demons (the precursor to DVC) and practically screamed with laughter (and thus could never take the author seriously again) at the end of the fourth chapter when he stated ...

"Langdon felt his pulse surge. 'I thought you said the lab was only an hour away!' 'It is, Mr. Langdon.' The pilot chuckled. 'This plane goes mach fifteen.'"

What??! That's like, LUDICROUS SPEED....Mel Brooks, be proud. (I can see the plaid in my mind!) Dumbass doesn't even realize that the fastest plane in the world, the SR-71 BLACKBIRD JET only goes mach 6.2! In the UPPER atmosphere. Only SEVEN miles up. Oh, and buddy, 100 miles up is OUT OF THE ATMOSPHERE. You'd be in ORBIT, SHITHEAD!! However, the other stuff about the plane is accurate. IF he were talking about a new type of atmospheric scud/transport that Boeing is developing. Yee, He needs to do more research. *Rolls eyes* Shows you the level of technical understanding the guy has. Yick. Nerds everywhere, cringe.

Yah, so that's what I've been doing. Today, I'm going to figure out my wardrobe for espana. Must plan carefully. Allright, that's it. Gotta go get some grubs.

*disgruntled/slightly unwell starving nerd/dweeb ambles off*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home