Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Birthdays, Pinup girls, and other business...

So I was on Fb, taking one of those silly quizes--you know, the "if you were a pinup girl, which one would you be" ones... And I just HAD to share this with y'all ('cause I think it's pretty hilarious, and dunno if it's really THAT accurate); so here goes, my pinup-girl alter ego is...

Betty Grable

You are a lusty leggy lady who would have insured her legs for a million bucks, per leg, and who would have been the number 1 pin up girl in WWII. Work it girl.

AHAHAHAHA. *snorts* AHAHAHAA!

Brilliant.

Also, I started a new job. That's right, a new JOB! I am no longer a environmentalist moocher-bum. I am now gainfully employed, and undergoing training. Want to know what I do? Well, basically I feed pregnant ladies in the hospital, according to what they want and what their diet allows. I'm a glorified waitress, really. Except I get called a "catering assistant". HA. I tell you folks, I'm a damn WAITRESS! The job IS really interesting though, learning all about dietary requirements and requires me to be in constant motion a lot of the time.

The only drawback is that the start time is at 6am for training. Uhggg. And that my shoes make my feet hurt. Barf. But I have new comfy back pants to ameliorate my sorrows, and someday soon, I will have money from my transcription work for my aunt to buy some--I hope.

Not much else is new.

Wait, I misspoke. Jules has a new golden Labrador puppy named "Kona" after their favorite Hawai'ian beer. Pssht. Little bugger likes to gnaw on you, since she still has her puppy teeth. She's officially two months old. And, the biggest indoor dog ever. She cries if you try to go for a walk and go further than the nearest corner, or out of sight of their apartment. Wussy. Damned cute little thing, though. She thinks the leash is a chew toy/tug of war toy also.

Birthday has passed. I feel old, another year on the 24th. Got some cool loot though. Pearls (choker-length black pearls with reddish sheen), the Depp version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and the two final books in the "Fitzwilliam Dary" series by Pamela Aidan. --Which is basically a WELL-WRITTEN fanfiction novel series from Darcy's (from Pride and Predjudice) point of view. Marvelous! Am already started on the second one, but have not had any uninterrupted time to really devour it like I did the first one. Tybay already has been given the first one of the series with instructions to read ASAP as the waiting list is three deep (Auntie Kate, Jules, and Mom). Haha.

Anyway, must go socialize with the 'rents and drink my fume blanc (yay, I rock at buying white wine at Trader Joes!) so I will away for now!

1 Comments:

At 8:29 PM PDT, Blogger Howard Chernin said...

I'm glad you found a job! 6am training sounds like it sucks, but hey, it's only temporary:-)

Betty Grable, huh? I see you more as a Lucille Ball, personally...except without the red hair.

Happy birthday again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home