Friday, March 14, 2008

Car Accident?!? And the Chiquita Cruiser may get retired...

So, I've basically spent all my morning transcribing interviews for my aunt's master's thesis. Yikes. By hand, because I still (unfortunately) write faster than I type. Rats. I'll have to work on that.

Anyhow, here I spent the morning working, right? Interrupted only by my dad calling me on the radio, and telling me to call mom at work before she left at like 1240. Nothing else. So i did, and just missed her (she leaves at 12, according to laurie). Then he grouched at me to call her every ten minutes on the radio (or so). So I did...whenever I was at a good stopping point for my transcribing.

You'd think the silly man would tell me that he'd gotten into an auto accident, and that he was okay, and had made it to the other house in Garden Grove. But, nooo. I had to wait until he came home about half an hour ago to discover that he'd been side-swiped by a semi, and then t-boned a volvo...and walked away unscathed. Shook up, and running high on adrenalin, but okay. Damn!

So yeah, now the car that gets good mileage is pretty thrashed---in the front and the sides in the back. Terrifying to hear about, because let's face it, most people who tangle with semi-trucks end up dead, pushing daisies, buying the farm, kicking the bucket, etc. Eeek. I am SO glad that he's okay. And that Dad's a fairly experienced, safe driver---he was tooling along doing his usual (slow) 65 in the right hand lane...

Thankyou, thankyou THANKYOU whoever was watching over Daddy!

Gawd, I practically had a heart attack when he came home after working on the sprinklers (and other things) at the other house all day, and then told me about having an accident... If I'd known, it would have been better than getting whacked in the back of the head like that with the shock.

Thank god for cars made of STEEL. Oh, yeah. And thank god for having radios in all the cars!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home