Friday, January 09, 2004

School, Sailing, Psych, Food and Frolicking!

Okay, so I don't know what this poem/lyrics are from, but I like them:
Don't tell me that it's morning
Can we keep the curtains drawn
I haven't given you fair warning
But our ship, she sails at dawn...

And it's true I must be going
But I swear I won't be long
There isn't that much ocean between Boston and St John's

I'm a rover, and I'm bound to sail away
I'm a rover, can you love me anyway?

And if some suitor comes approaching
Will you let him through your door
And what if I return half-broken
Will you still want me anymore?

Close your eyes and dream and tell me what you see
You can tell me what you want, just tell me that you'll wait for me

But, oh, don't tell me that it's morning
Can we keep the curtains drawn
I haven't given you fair warning
But our ship, she sails at dawn...

K.I.M.: "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for." Grace Hopper

They sort of remind me of how this new quarter is just like a ship: sails at dawn (well, okay, 7am) can make or break you, and sooner than you know it, you're off and running like crazy!

Yeah. oh, and here's some more old mad-ness:
"Fear my grape-ness!" (that's what I get for bagging grapes at work)

"A hundred thousand lemmings can't be wrong." Author unknown
"I hear it's lemming season in Antarctica. Why aren't you jumping off a cliff somewhere?" Pinky & Braine (my sister's and my corollary on the quote above)

"what'd u do, jules? kill something and shove it up your ass?" -me
"you have a stench that decries description." -me on jule's farts
"well, the air smells better around the candle. I think it's burning all the methane." -me
Ahh, cruelty in it's finest form in the long household. We seem to have a lot of fart jokes around my house...I wonder why?? ...^^... We're all full of "hot air" as my dad says, ha ha.

On that note, have gone to my psych 10 class. Seems like it'll be ok: a lot of studying and stuff, but hey, I don't care. I signed up for some of the experiments that we are required to do too. Ha! Think of that! Me, as a lab rat! number 36 and 56! WEEE! Should be entertaining, since some of the experiments sound pretty fun. Oh, and there's a BUNCH of people in my same class; kosha the RA, skank, michaella, and her friend kimberly... I'll always have someone to sit with! I gotta go get my books this weekend too--amazon.com here I come!

Hmmm. Really hungry. Tom BETTER HAVE MY BRUINCARD or he's a DEADMAN!!! *stomach snarls and wraps around backbone in empathetic emphasis!*

Hmm. Ate lunch and breakfast at the sorority house again today. It was kinda nice. I'm getting used to it. Had trouble getting out of bed at seven today though: I slept from 2-8pm yesterday, then stayed up until 305am. ICK. I managed to haul my ass up at seven-thirtyish...aaaand, remembered to have my vitamin and tea...and pudding for breakfast. (yeccch). I need normal food! At least at the sorority house I had yogurt and toast and an omlette and a chocolate chip pancake... Okay, so I ate a lot.

I started a letter to mouse, but haven't finished it. I'll do it tonight. AFTER the meeting...before watching tv with Jolee. Hmmm. Maybe I'd better go check out and order my textbooks before I do anything else. I neeeeed them!

PS: Angela says I'm cheap because I won't BUY myself food in westwood. HA! I've got food in the room! *glares around defensively* WHATS WRONG WITH BEING CHEAP, EH?! EH?!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home