Sunday, March 14, 2004

B-BAHLLERS HOLLERZ!

O god, basketball is SO much fun. And SUCH a great workout. I haven't played in SEVEN years (since sixth grade) and I really wasn't sure that I wanted to play today....but it has to have been the best time of my life in quite a while. (Julie called me up yesterday...and I didn't have anything to do today, so there was no way out of it....good thing too.) Not only was it a GREAT workout for Marissa, Julie and me, but it was FUUUUN!

Marissa hadn't played since 8th grade, Julie has never played, and of course....sixth grade for me with the guys. Unbelievable. It was definitely raw talent and persistence against the other girls at the CIRCLE K tournament. Both times, we were paired up with GOOD teams....so it was difficult. We lost both times in Sudden Death OT...by ONE FREAKIN' point! AHOOOO! Fantastic!

We were GREAT at marking people, and we definitely improved on our rebounding for the second game. WHOO! The second team, CKI vixens were definitely better players, but didn't mark well. Oh, and they were fast, but we were more physical. It was really exciting for the first game as well, since we had a bunch of people watching us and cheering for us. Ha ha ha, we were the tallest team though, and I kept stepping on people and bopping them on the heads with my elbows---accidentally. hehe, whoops! 0=)

First game was hard though. I think I had too much water in my stomach. The only reason the other team won was because I felt nauseous for the last shot and couldn't mark her. (I called time out...but I guess no-one heard me). She turned around after making the basket (I was holding my hand over my mouth to keep from puking and was a pale white color....according to Julie) and asked me if I was okay....ha ha, I totally blurted "NO!" turned, and ran out the door, down the stairs and into the bathroom. And, I booted. Eww. But, I felt TONS better for the second game...where I sucked on cheetoes for salt, and drank very little water. Oh well.

Booting is crappy.

Second game, they had alternates. And a mascot. Hey! No fair! We didn't have any alternates! Boooo! They were fresher--an advantage on us. But the greatest part was, we totally hung on and stayed with them to the very end. I'm so proud of Julie and Marissa. They were FANTASTIC!! We played so well as a TEAM, too!

Ladies, you were great. I luvs you.
IM B-BALL, here we COME!!!

Stopped by the IM fields on the way home to (briefly) cheer for the UCLA womens Ultimate Frisbee team. AKA: BLU. Said Hi to Nate as well. Had to leave, because I was still sweaty and starting to get cold. YUCKA.

After a shower, I feel so good. It's such a rush to exercise. YAY! Printed up the newer, nicer finals rant toilet times and stuck it on Kosha's door. Jamason approved of it. Good deal. And now, I think I'll study. Or something. Yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home