Friday, April 01, 2005

Life is good, Inertia, BETTER.

Have spent the morning:

1. Rousted out of bed at 906am (boo, it's VACATION, you fiends!), no food, no tea, get dressed, then am told to wait while Juliana takes a shower before taking a walk to starbucks. Grrr. And she wonders why I wasn't quite awake. I LIKE my morning routine, thank you!

2. Walking over to the local Starbucks at the Block for some cold caffinated goodness with my sister, then wandering around, window shopping at aforesaid Block, stopping by the Borders, and FINALLY spending most of my gift certificate ($10) from Auntie Kate. Walked home, man it is HOT around here.

3. Harranging Mom about how to work her new scanner and how to edit and title things in Adobe photoshop. Sincerely wish to kill self after this rather arduous endeavor. Euuuurg! I swear, getting mom to use a computer correctly is like beating your head against a rock. Which is why, at about 4pm, I'm now having a glass of wine. Can't cope with the idiocy. I notice Juliana didn't even say a peep the whole time Mum and I were struggling. Grrrarrrrr!

Dad came home, and popped Mort in a tub of water. We just took him out of hibernation yesterday--cleaned out his house and all. Speaking of his house, it's getting rather pathetic looking--I think it either needs replacing or else it REALLY needs some sanding and painting. Hmmm, will try to avoid being the one delegated to do the sanding and painting.

Spent my 21st Birthday...not doing much. Took my last final, popped out my wine, and had a sit, eating crackers cheese and wine. Ha ha ha ha! Then, went back to the house, lil' sis Toes and I then headed off to the "new" Wooden Center Gym--for the first time ever. Marvelous! Will definitely be going again, weight machines are fun. Guys staring at you every time you walk by, not so fun....unless they're hot, of course. Huzzah! Mom then came and picked me up (I drove home), and I went to bed. The real party started over the weekend when we went to Catalina...

Man, we had so much booze on that boat, I'm surprised we didn't list to one side, ha ha ha! Danielle and I were the only ones really drinking though. Ha, Dad bought us all a beer before he left on friday night. (May was tipsy from this.) Saturday, we wandered in to town, and I bought my first legal alcohol: some JD's hard Lemonaide. Yum! (I've still got one left, nobody polished off both four-packs.) May thought it was funny that the General Store sign said "BOOZE" in big letters, rather than "liquor" or "alcohol"--but c'mon, no sailor worth their salt would call it anything OTHER than BOOZE. Thus, the INGENIOUS sign...(sarcasm) Then, back to the boat for a LONG nap (for everyone else except Blake and I) complete with lots of snoring--a snoring chorus, if you will (haha)--- and then happy hour with munchies and BOOZE... Later, we played spoons and had more booze--sky "berry" with seven-up is good stuff. And then, finally, off to bed we went. Next morning Jules rousted us out of bed, and we set off at about 9am (very early on the boat) for home---motoring the entire way, since there was really NO wind. BLEARG. We didn't get burnt that time though, since we all slathered on the sunblock. *sips wine* Took us 7.5 hours, because of the lack of good wind. We all just sat and read our smut books, haha ha! We all concluded that the bloody mary mix was to awful to stomach, so no real boozing it up on the ride back.

The rest of this week has been rather uneventful--Jules and I wussed out on going to the tibetan nun concert we'd been talking about up at the skirbal last night, so mum and I went and saw Robots instead. Cute movie, wasn't the most original plot, but very creative visuals. Fun to watch for an hour or so, at least.

Hmmm. Life is good. Inertia is better. Time to go fiddle around and do nothing in particular. Toodles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home