Tuesday, February 07, 2006

And addition to my angry admonishment (aka, news)

Had a random thought: cleaned the room this weekend. Roommate was not appreciative. Oh well. At least I can walk on the carpet again without grimacing at the level of ick on it. Nice clean floors are a beautiful thing.

My last compy died. Dad is fixing/waiting for parts for it as we speak. So I'm down in the foxhole again, the icy cold foxhole. The sacred Heater is on the other side of the room...too far away! Still, not so bad down here. I like it without the carpet.

The story of the compy death is actually pretty funny. It just kept getting more and more intermittant, then, last saturday, when I turned it on, it went crazy and started talking at me! Scared the living shit right out of me. How would you feel if your compy (on which the sound never seems to work) all of a sudden starts yelling "SYSTEM FAILURE. CPU TEST." Yeah, you'd be scared outta your mind too. haha.

So then I decided to go off to the library (about 5pm) and when I got there, at 524, discovered it closed at 5pm. Haha, marv. So, in order to not waste a trip out into the cold night, I humped it down to westwood (for reference on humping, please read "The Things They Carried") and went to CVS and Rite Aid to get laundry detergent and other assorted needs.

Dad showed up on sunday with a new, temporary compy. I think I'll call it Fred. It seems to work okay, except for a few snafu's with my mozilla browser not storing any of the new bookmarks I attempted to create. Those we fixed tonight. So far, no reason to castrate or sacrifice Fred to the gods of insanity has occurred yet. Let's just hope it stays that way.

Now I'm just procrastinating. I'd better get back to doing actual WORK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home