Monday, September 08, 2003

So, After my excessively long recurring posts from a few days ago, I'm going to refrain from posting so much today. Hee Hee. Living in the sorority house (temporarily) at UCLA is really really really fun. Basically, I hang out with my sisters, walk around westwood, eat at the corner bakery cafe (YUM) or chili's (not so yum) and talk a lot. Yesterday, I got a ride from Tom down to the sailing center with Maverick, one of our new team members. We worked on the boats until like six thirty, then headed home. And MAN, was I so tired. I went to bed at like ten! Added on that, my left leg is sore from skateboarding and I can barely lift it these last few days.

I was amazed to find out that Maverick's real name IS Maverick! And he was born BEFORE topgun, so no mooching of names. I think my nickname is officially MIA and tom's is bagelman for the sailing team. Brent has yet to truly acquire a good nickname from the sailing team. I was very dissappointed in the girls (krysten and lizzy) yesterday though. Instead of trying to be helpful and figuring out their schedules (when they were available to help out with fixing up the boats at the marina) they moaned and groaned "oh, i can't come until after six...and i'm not available at ALL that week...i Have sorority rush." Bunch of bullshit. I'm free after 3pm all next week except tuesday (move in day!!) and friday (helping other people move in day!!) and I'M willing to help. Fuckin' lazy ass bitches. Whatever. Maybe I'm just seeing this like a guy or something because of how my parents raised me, but at least I know how to manage my freakin' TIME!!

Oh, and Steve went on forever at the meeting (1-4pm). Q: What is it with sailing guys that they just love to hear the sound of their own voices going "blah blah blah, yakkety-shmacketty" all the time?!? Geeeeeeze. Anywho, went to bed early, got up late (930!!). The good part of the day: at like 5, I was really tired and thirsty. When Joe (praiiiise, hallelujah!) came over to see what was going on, I complained to him...AND HE GAVE ME A BEER! Man, I owe him my LIFE. I was SO dehydrated, even the beer tasted good. (and I really, really, realllllly don't like the taste of beer). So, NOW, I owe the man a freakin' six pack of some type of good beer. Must consult guy friends as to what is good beer. I've only had heinekin and corona. Hmmm. research!

Right now, I'm typing madly away at the computerlab in the UCLA powell library. The Cable and the Internet at the house is not working yet, and they're re-doing the dungeon. So, I walked over here with Michelle and Julie and Lauren. Too bad Bridget is not living in this year (waaah! dp!)... It was fun last night though, because Lauren and i went on a "cable-finding" expedition to the rite aide in Westwood: her tv cable broke and we thought if we got a new one...the tv might WORK!!! Well, Only two chanels worked, but hey, we were proud of ourselves. And, I got some new headphones for my walkman. The really nice "over the ears" old fashioned good ones! WHaHOOOO!

Today I'm hoping that my roomie and I can go hang out or something. I'll call her when i get out of here, since I had to turn my cell phone off in the library. The high frequency disrupts the computer's operation...ha ha.

It's really amazing having the opportunity to get to know my sisters so well. I spent the other night talking until three in the morning (and watching chicago) and it's so fascinating how everyone is COMPLETELY different. I'm getting to know everyone sooo much better. and I'm glad. I think my sisters are really WORTH getting to know. They're lovely people; unique, personal, cheerful, enthusiastic... I wish I didn't have to go home!

(But, on another note...I forgot to bring a towel. Maybe If I call mom, she'll sanction me buying one just real quick?) and, I forgot a pillow... toothpaste...my black pen to write in my "thought" journal...DAMN! Oh well, better go see if everyone else is done with all their computer stuff. =D Andddddd, call the roomie!

Roomie is cool. Love roomie. Have been told, can't stay with roomie, must stay at house. Screw that! If I don't tell anyone i'm in a sorority, they'll never know. After all, i'm DEEEEEEfinitely not normal sorority girl material. Most people think i'm NOT...I'm just too freakin' wiiiierd, heh heh! Ah, the protection of the label... am I dweeb, dork, or geek? U shall decide.
but for now,
Ph33r M3!
aha ha ha ha ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home