Friday, March 05, 2004

Noisy Ass

Okay, so I realize that I'm not the quietest person ever. In fact, I know that I'm noisy. So I try to keep my noise minimal to NOT piss off my roommate. Because contrary to what SHE thinks, I DO like and respect her, and would LIKE to keep up good relations. Seems that's out the window.

Take last night. I worked. I came home at One am. I QUIETLY entered the room, not letting the door slam. Okay. Fine. Turned on the computer. This causes noise. I'm aware of that. Sorry. Did NOT turn on music, slam doors, talk on the phone. I TRIED consciously to type quietly. So sue me that this keyboard is not terribly quiet like Juliana's. It's old. So I tried to type really quietly. Which means slowly.

Response of roomate: Thrashing, sounds of protest from bed. Pointed "checking of the phone" to see how late it was. No verbal protests. Nothing like, "go away for an hour, okay? I'm trying to get to sleep." I would have gone. HAD she asked/grouched. I was up until 330am. I only typed for the first 45 minutes. SORRY.

How the hell does she expect me to NOT answer my mail?? Talked to Kiron outside door, something along the lines of "Is NOTHING I do good enough?!?" Frustrated with self.

I realize that I slept most of yesterday. This is what happens when i get sick and come home right after class and go to sleep. I slept something like seven hours, which is wy I'm not ABSOLUTELY steaming about her rather petty morning actions today.

So yeah.

This morning: She gets up. Bangs around LOUDLY. Talks on Phone to SOMEBODY or other, trying to change scheduling. Repeatedly bangs Door to room. Bangs door to closet. Slams desk drawers.

Am I being to critical here? She knows I'm a light sleeper. I ignored her. I really wanted to sit up and ask her if she was pmsing or whether she really WAS that inconsiderate. It's ONE thing when you TRY to minimalize your noise and maybe fall short, but its another to be DELIBERATELY noisy. Because that's what she was. Which is now why I'm awake. How petty can we get?

This bothers me. Should I further ignore her behavior and let it slide, trying to be understanding? Give her time to cool down? Should I confront her about it and ask her what SHE would like changed about me, and tell her what I'd like her to change? Maybe I'll just go talk to Kosha. ARRG.

I'm trying to be quiet. I leave her alone when she's studying, put my headphones on....is she just sick of me or something? I can handle that, but she really needs to verbalize SOMETHING. TELL me what's going on in her head. I can try and be considerate, but if what I do pisses her off even MORE, there's no way I'm gonna know without some feedback.

...And now, on with the daily grind. Damnit.

I guess I'm just a little frustrated with this type of juvenile behaviour. i'm trying to get over the whole sailing team idiocy thing, get all my homework/research done...etc. Lifeis such a bitch sometimes. And with THAT, I'll go have breakfast with Gemily.

Maybe she'll know what's up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home