Friday, April 09, 2004

"Meditations on the First Philosophy".....7

Well, my philosophy 7 class is Veeery interesting. Already I have a bunch of questions for Almog that I think I'm going to go in and ask him. Like examples of what he was talking about in lecture. He's not confusing, it's just that he thinks in another language, and likes to go on tangents...that sometimes really don't explain whatever the hell point he is trying to illustrate for us. So you can follow along, but if you sit in the back, you're going to be lost. Or fucked. Whichever. The one thing that's really great about him is that he has great eye contact. Oh, and according to some of my classmates who walked home with me, his accent is entertaining (keeps you awake). I typed up my notes for that class to try to keep whatever was in my head current and get it on paper before I totally forget what I meant when I wrote it down and can't read my notes at all. Because I have a feeling that will happen. Heh heh.

Astronomy 3 is really a great class. I'm loving it more and more each time I go. I just wish that my book and cd would arrive so I can start reading for it and everything. I've been reading the LS 1 text, and it's HORRIBLE! Too much info crammed into a chapter. I think I'd be fucked if I hadn't taken AP bio in high school. Yeesh. At least the lab section (on thursdays at nine am) is pretty cool. The TA is cool. Oh, and strangely enough, they cancelled lecture today...which I didn't know. So I went, got my seat, and then the TA's dismissed us, so I went to the Ackerman bookstore and read some bits of a book on the Philosophy of D'oh---> the Simpsons. Hee hee, something I'll definitely have to read later.

A random note from Astro 3: am stands for "ante-meridian" or before the midday/zenith when the sun is overhead at noon....and pm stands for "poste-meridian" after midday/zenith. Cool. I never knew that before. And now, I can proudly boast of my new singularly useless bit of trivia. Wheee, I'm gonna dominate in trivial pursuit~!!

I went down after class yesterday (sounds like I'm not gonna get into psych 85...fucking professor) to buy my reader for philosophy 7...but I couldn't remember where the office was, so it was a bogus trip. Becoming desperate, I aim'd Jacob (from access control) and asked to copy his reader....which he let me do at 11pm-ish. (He was working downstairs, so I didn't have to walk down the hill to sproul). I am a lazy bastard. The funny part of the whole thing was, I had EXACTLY enough change to copy the reader...ha ha! AND, the guy after me who used the copier was copying the exact same thing! HA ha, coincidence.

I was just too fagged to go to the citywalk dessert with AEPhi last night. A shame, since I wanted to go, but sleep won out. That, and icky bloodshot eyes the first week of the quarter are not a good thing. Danged roomie and her BF woke me up at around nine though, watching that goddamned tv show "the apprentice". ARRRRG.

I don't know why, but common courtesy is eroding in this room. Pisses me off. Oh, and the only people who ever visit the roomie are BF...and BF. Nobody else, really. Except rarely. Yeeg. Can't they hang out in his room as well? Or does it smell there or something horrible, like it has toxic waste all over the floor? I must be pms'ing again. GRRRRR. (yes, I realize that was not a gramatically correct sentance there.)

Yay, it was such a good idea to use my pandas-in-a-jar notebook for all my subjects. I don't think I'll run out of room, since I didn't with Stats 10. Kind of nice to only lug around one notebook and not have to confuse them or forget them in my room. the only separate notebook I have is psych 85...because I ran out of sections in the panda-jar.

Gotta investigate other classes to take. Damn. Maybe spanish something. Arrr. Oh, and have to finish Bio reading. Hmm. Perhaps I'll do that tonight at work, and instead, I'll take a nap. Except I don't feel sleepy.

Rats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home