Monday, November 13, 2006

a Quick sketch of the past few days...

It's monday again. I think I haven't posted on this thing in a month, at least. A very sad state of affairs.

It's been a busy weekend/week. So far I have 1. gotten sick, 2. gotten lots of cold medicine, 3. Gone out to celebrate Tanya's 21st birthday (inadvertently after going out for dinner), 4. Slept in a lot, 5. gone to presents at the House of Blues, anaheim, wearing my favorite new red shoes. Conclusion: am still sick (but getting better) and tired. School is a relief after all that.

Did good on my midterms. yay! Except for spanish of course. That one was a doozy--I don't think ANYONE did well, since nobody was expecting the headfuck that got thrown at us. Honestly. Teachers are supposed to test you on what you KNOW and how you APPLY it, not on some random shit pulled from their asses out of nowhere. Ah, the joy. Rest assured, however, I'm going to study my little ASS off for the final in THAT class. Rest of my classes were a breeze!

In other news, my dad's older sister's husband passed away last week. Very sad, since he'd been sort of doing poorly for a while. My class on geriatrics and gerontology is pretty sobering about all that sort of thing (aging, diseases, causes of death, etc.). Hopefully Aunt Bobby will be okay. Dad seems to be taking it all pretty well, he went off to the funeral this weekend (while I was wandering around all bundled up at various events). According to him, the family back east is all well. Good to hear that much, at least.

Thanksgiving plans sound fun---dinner at home with the elderlies this weekend, and then up to Aunt Sarah's for thanksgiving weekend. Yummmm, I can just TASTE the pie...

Had a mad baking day this last week--mostly due to tuck-in and needing to make cookies for Toe's little sis (new one). So life is good around the apartments. Except, once again, I'm poor. Obviously, I need to make more of an effort to find a job, I think. Yeahhhh.

Okay, got a project meeting at five, so I'd better run. More later, when I think of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home