Wednesday, December 09, 2009

It's going to be a white winter...

I counted my white hairs today. I now have SEVEN. I had thought I only had four, maybe five, but indeed, I have quite a few. They're all in the same sort of area on my head (near the front) so I'm hoping eventually I'll have a cool lock of white hair there, sorta like Rogue from Xmen. That would be sweet.

Hurray for money to pay bills. I'm going to be poor soon, but I'll be happily poor, with all my bills paid. Whew, such a relief!

This calls for a celebration. Hm, booze is expensive, going out is too, so I think I'll just dance around like a looney and smile a lot--it's cheaper. Christmas sewing will commence tomorrow. I even got a couple decorations (tiny blue ornament balls) and I'll go out and find some neat stick/branches tomorrow to make my own "charlie brown" Christmas-type tree. No extra $$ this year to buy a REAL tree. 'Sides, it's not like I really need one. I like my more simplistic idea, which I got from a 2006 holiday version of Better Homes and Gardens. Ha!

One thing I saw yesterday, however, that I really really really want; a succulent wreath. Yes, you heard me right--it's an environmentally (and water) friendly wreath. How awesome is that? You can even get them on ebay, of course. Not that it's any cheaper than the other site...but hey, if you've a fetish, there you go!

It might be fun to make your own, since according to the "experts"--or martha stewart, all you need is:
Succulents (Martha used Aeonium, Crassula, Echeveria, Gasteria, Haworthia, Kalanchoe, Sedum, and Sempervivum)
Scissors
12-inch wire wreath frame
Sphagnum moss
Moistened soil, or half perlite and half soil
Soil
Copper wire
Pencil (or screwdriver)

*drools* Yeah, somebody get me one?

Anywhoo, I'm off to get some fun ideas for project-makings at BH&G...ta for now!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home