Monday, April 28, 2003

Wow, it's been a busy week. Loser sailing team didn't have practice on friday, so I went and worked out for an hour, and then, decided to go do a couple laps with Eric (my next door neighbor) when he asked if I wanted to go. Then, I went over to Heather's on friday night and watched "about a boy" with her and Julie, and had some lovely white wine. Been a long time since I had wine. I got home at like 330am when Heather drove us back to the dorms. I then got up at six the next...um, day... (AUGH! alarm didn't go off at five) when Monica came by (sorority sister) to wake me up....grabbed all my stuff for ISVT stuffed it into a bag and headed off to Santa Barbara for the volleyball tournament. So, I got like two-to-three hours of sleep total. And Phil was a punk: I called him three times to try to get my cds and see if he wanted to hang out, and he finally called me back at like three pm when we (Julie, Rojia, Monica and I) were already in the car heading home. (And I was sleeping). I had to use Julie's cell phone. I REALLY need a cell phone. GRRRRR. One good thing: I got a TAN! or burn, whatever. I did try to keep slathering on the sunblock...

As soon as I got home, I took a shower, then went straight to bed and woke up at ten am today. Ahhhh, sleep. After I woke up, I spent the day organizing what I needed to get done, calling people, writing letters, and finally heading off to the LA Festival of Books. Which was, by the way, very cool. I enjoyed it immensely, despite having no money. Ah well. Window shopping is always good. AT 450, I headed over to the Sorority Life forum at Hillel....to hear the girls from Sorority 101 talk. Sad how they think that they were actually projecting a GOOD PR image of Greek life and Jewish culture. REALLY sad. Anyhow, have just finished my article about that for the feminist magazine "FEM" that we have on campus. I wonder if I should post a picture of it if it gets published?

I didn't get much sleep on tuesday night, but I finished the video and TH was really impressed with us. He even wrote me an email (which i'll post a transcript of) thanking us. WOW, was that worth all the effort. (Despite me falling asleep repeatedly in my computer science class that day....)
Here's what he wrote to me:

From: "T.H."
To:
Subject: A special thanks
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 01:00:45 -0700
Hi Elaine,
Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated the terrific job you did as producer/director/editor/titler/composer of the superb film you showed in class. You should feel very proud., Not only is your talent evident but you stimulated and inspired your classmates and have started the ball rolling, setting a high standard. Can't wait to see what your next act is!
Thanks again and congratulations on a fantastic job!
T

Wow, I feel special. Hey, a new thought--- I found out we DO have a t'ai chi club on campus! It meets on thursdays. This is good, because now anime club meets on tuesdays. Covenient! I can't wait to go. Maybe I'll be able to start a group in the morning....I hope so, since I seem to be getting up early most days. No club this week though, the instructor is out of town. Next week, I'm SO ready.

Anyway, I'd better go to bed. s'long!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home