Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Ha HAAAAAA! I feel like a magician pulling a big white fluffy bunny out of the hat.... I have finally completed one of my childhood dreams: I have installed my little "pond" in the backyard. Actually, it's quite lovely. Even mum and Jules had to admire it. Dad helped me set up the power (haven't rigged it for solar yet) and offered to get me some snails and pondweed to put in it. Right now, the fountain and the filter are merrily pumping away. I haven't got anything in it yet, but I'm hoping fish and a plant, at least. Wouldn't that be lovely!!! (Now I sound like that girl from My Fair Lady).... Oh my! And all that after a visit to walmart to find a filter/pump and gravel and stuff.

I didn't have to work on Monday and tuesday. I think that It's time to move on from Disney. I'm beginning to get rather tired of taking shit from people there. That, and I'm tired of closing shifts at Cocina Cucamonga. That'll teach me to fill out a preference form for closing shifts. Damn, damn, damn. I'm crossing my fingers that starbucks will give me a job... If I knew there'd be so much drama, i'd have transferred from where I work. ARRRG. Frustrating. People are such a pain to get along with sometimes. Maybe I will become a hermit someday: me and my books. AND my computer. Can't live without that. I think that my starbucks interview went really well (albeit quickly....is that a good sign?) and I really liked the guy who interviewed me...daniel, I think. I rewarded myself afterwards by going to the ICING and getting myself new earrings. Hurrah! Don't tell anyone, though, ok?

Hm. Clear nailpolish on my nails needs reapplying. Just sent off an email to Jen. I love jen, she's great. I miss her from sixth grade when she moved. Both my best friends moved that year; jen and amanda. I try to write to them both a lot. (though i'm not so good about it.) The best part is that I have MANY good friends. I like having lots of "best girlfriends". All of them are such marvelous people; like julie, heather, bridget, lauren, sarah, sarah g., krystle, sherri, tyler, rachelle, angelica.....alll of them! So sad that I only hear from some of them once in a while.

Hum. That makes me sad. maybe i'll go medicate my melancholy with a good helping of ice cream with chocolate sauce and whipped cream!!
Ta Ta Now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home