Sunday, April 18, 2004

Once burned, twice shy

Allright, allright, I realize that I'm a terrible person...er, blogger really. So fine, here I am, posting this up for your amusement. Yes, that's right, all you lovely leeches, for your entertainment ALONE!!! Whew.

Last couple of nights have been absolutely fantastic, probably to make up for my shithole of a week. I mean, running for four days on about 3-4.5 hours of sleep is not a good thing. Why, oh why does my life have to be so busy? I went out friday with Heather, Julie and Lauren shopping, bought my formal dress, shoes, jewelry. Wow, unbelievable. Heather accused me of shopping like a man. Heh. It's true, when something looks good, fits, is comfy...you buy the damn thing, not sit around and regret it later. 'Sides, I had moola. (Though Now I'm sure I don't anymore.)

Then, when we got home, we tooled over to triangle for some basketball with the guys. I think we played from about 10pm to 2am. Wow, That was so fun, and those guys are so cool. Hee hee, heather Julie and I were kicking their butts on the girls vs. guys games though.... ha ha.

Last night, I went (reluctantly) to the triangle after-formal party. I had felt kinda goobery that afternoon...since I caught up on all my sleep then. Well, I ended up drinking, and dancing, and hot tubbing and generally having a fantastic time. Jason was a sweetie and walked me home. Hurray for sweet guys. Ooh, he called me this morning. I'd better call him back about breakfast. Yikes.

Ha ha, He wanted to go to formal with me. I guess I am pretty traditional in some ways---he sort of had to ask ME if he could come with me to MY formal....eheh. whups. Ah well. In some things, I suppose I'm hopelessly shy. Damnit. I thought I'd gotten over all that stuff. But then, seeing as I didn't have a social life in high school, I guess I'm being "worn in" in a way here at college. Phooooooey. i want it to hurry up allready, but I'm just not a terribly agressive person in some areas.

Maybe I'm afraid of getting my heart hurt if I get too involved. I still remember in sixth grade I really liked some guy...jonh rasmussen was his name, I think, and was obsessively jealous and stuff though it was completely unwarranted. Scarily obsessed, okay? And I never really talked to the guy much or anything. Maybe that's why I always avoided the teen idol worship....I'd already gone through that stage really early, and the strength of my irrationality scared me. And the strength of my emotions. I almost feel ashamed of how badly I treated other girls who liked him. Which is maybe why I'm afraid of getting involved with anyone else. Because I know IF I fall, it'll be hard.

On another lighter note, I've discovered a great new webblog: here. It has some really great stuff on it, for example, some links to several cool survey thingies:


If they told you I'm mad, then they lied.
I'm odd, but it isn't compulsive.
I'm the triolet, bursting with pride;
If they told you I'm mad, then they lied.
No, it isn't obsessive. Now hide
All the spoons or I might get convulsive.
If they told you I'm mad then they lied.
I'm odd, but it isn't compulsive.
What Poetry Form Are You?

OR.....


I, as a clerihew,
Tend to be merry; too
Merry, it might, perhaps, by some, be claimed;
But I'm sure that these people are wrong, and need to be grievously maimed.
What Poetry Form Are You?

Hee hee hee. Or, hats:

What Sort of Hat Are You? I am a Bowler Hat.I am a Bowler Hat
I'm very proper, often politically correct, precise and dapper. I generally look down on the masses, but I usually try not to let it show. What Sort of Hat Are You?

Hopefully I will get to post a link on my blog to hers. That would be really cool.
So, the slightly crispy kitty of Samuel Clemen's quote will be signing off for the day...I foresee much homework and reading in her future.

ACK.
ACK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home