Monday, May 17, 2004

And Your BIG SIS IS.....MEEE!

HURRRAHHHHH! Big sis' relevation was tonight. Aha ha. Kim and I thought we were going to the stunt ranch for astro 3 (though it was cancelled due to weather) so we stopped at the market for ribbon (pink) and batteries and candy for meeting.

Dinner was good--mashed potatoes, gravy, spicy tofu, green beans, and salad...with strawberry shortbread for dessert! Yay for dessert being the saving grace of dinner. As usual.

Okay, back to the main subject here...Big sis' relevation! After dinner, (dude, I was so hyperventilating with excitement when I saw her walk up the front walk...I was talking to sarah, who I told "dude, i can't even go hug her [Totran] right now, because if I do, I'll be grinning like an idiot and give it away!") when Totran had arrived from her SAA dinner/meeting, we had them have their "pledge meeting" in the TV room and we all set up their "ribbon maze". Ha ha, it was so cute because Totran was so impatient to find the end of the "evil LONG pink ribbon" and was totally confused when it changed colors (to green) and then found the end and her card. I made her a super cute card really fast today when I found out that it was big sis relevation night... I didn't know what else to do...

She was jumping up and down from so much excitement! Hee hee, so cute, she kept hugging me! Awww, I love my lil' one! And, it was really hilarious because Monica Dournae totally had THE longest ribbon ever (she wrapped it around the breezeway, for heaven's sake!) and Tanya was laughing so hard by the end of it. It was great because all the new members were SUPER excited about it... Even namesake! (Now there's more than one Elaine! Yay, so proud, namesake! It's even spelled the same...)

Oh, and then of course, the Pinning ceremony, where they all get their pledge pins. Got to remember the five "s's": no wearing the pin while having sex, sleeping, sports, "sipping", and showering. (I always forget that... I think they told us something different; we didn't have the handy "5 s's" idea when I pledged.)

It's so funny, my Lil' one is tiny! I'm so much taller than her when I hug her. And sarah and Brooke are SO much taller than me... As Sarah put it, "They keep gettin' smaller here! Gotta get some taller ones around here..."

Oooh, funny quote for the day was me and Kim driving from the market to the house. In the left turn lane onto Hilgard Ave., some guy was going really slowly and looking over at some hot guy (extremely ripped, hair FAR too spiked and bleached blond to be straight) running on Hilgard, and us impatiently following behind (at a red left turn light) commenting caustically, (E) "Dude, quit looking at the MALE CANDY!!" and, (k)"Yeah! Quit being GAY, and DRIVE!!!" Then, we both cracked up. Other peepz would've laughed if they'd been there...ha ha ha ha ah, sad. Rag-bag memories. w00t!

Hee hee, Lil' One asked me what my favorite colors were...Ah! So hard! I like Pink, Green, Blue, aquamarine/teal, orange and red...yellow. Impossible, aren't I? I'm going to go visit them at tuck in tomorrow too. Maybe I'll bring them some goodies too....(don't tell them that!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home