Monday, May 03, 2004

Weather heats up, Elaine comes out of Hibernation!

Have not updated because...Have not. Ah well. Lots of goodies today.

Today is monday. And I am extremely proud of myself for this last weekend. I got all my LS1 reading done saturday night at work, as well as all the other shit that I had to get done too. Oooh, and the best part was that I totally had a great time as well. I like this time management shit. It really is a smart deal. Why, oh why, did it take me so long to figure that out?
*sighs*

Went to see "The Room"--an independent film on friday with Panda and amigos. Had a GREAT time. It's so incredibly BAD, (on purpose, of course) that it was hilariously funny. It's essentially a new "Rocky Horror Picture Show" in its infant stages. Fantastic. Drove Panda (who was slightly liquored up) there and then back, with a pit stop at Denny's wearing my bizarre getup...which someday I'll post a picture of. hee hee hee!

Suffice to say, I was wearing black etnies sneakers with pink embroidery on them, jesters tights (vertically striped), my orange/paisely pleated skirt, a white one-shoulder wifebeater tee, my blue tie, and a black kerchief around my neck. My right eye had trippy eyemakeup/liner and sparkly shit, and the left was just normal--brown eyeliner, mascara, skin-tone makeup. Wheee! I was a FREAK parade, and skurrred off all the peepz. Ha ha, I totally did NOT match. That, coupled with the wierd eye makeup, was enough to scare a group of big black guys when I descended the steps of rieber with Panda, a couple asian moms with kids, Jeremy the front desker.... and many, many more.

I wonder why it's so amazingly satisfying to dress in such a way? Probably because all the attention you get is SOLELY because you look so wierd, not because you have a booger hanging from your nose or feel self-conscious. What a great feeling. I'm going to have to do it again soon. Ooh, and drag Panda to see the Rocky Horror Picture show as well, since he hasn't seen it.

On Saturday, I had brunch with the lovely and marvelous Totran. I love her, she's great and fun. Waaaaah ! I want her! WAAAAAH ! I'm a crazy person, I'll admit, but she's really nice, and fun, and so creative... Has a younger brother, haa haa, and is the oldest child. Plus, she's so CUTE. No, I really mean that. Okay, I know, I'll stop being such a sap and singing her praises like a looney... but I'm really excited! I'm going to call her up this week and do something with her as well. It was a bummer that I only got to talk to her a little at brunch, since we ran into Lauren (long brown hair, dunno last name...there's 5 of them!) and her roommate. Nice girls, but I'm a selfish git! "I wanna talk to her...she's Mine! MINE!" heee heee hee!

I slept the rest of Saturday...kind of, since I kept getting my nap interrupted by people calling about the potential "beach day" the next day. Whahooo! We didn't end up going to the beach though, because everyone wussed out. So, we went to the pool instead. (Jason and I.) Julie and Heather stopped by, and Heather and Jason and I had dinner at the dorms. Such a social life I'm having!

Oooh, some good quotes from that:

"He sinks because he has more muscle. He's more lean. I float because I have more bouyancy from fat...THANKS BOOBS!!!" -Heather (On why Jason sinks so easily)

"Ha ha, look at the little sausage, trying to swim!!"-Heather (talking about herself as a chubby child)

After a short trip to Hedrick for sundry necessities, I booted them out, and finally went to bed after goofing off on my computer for several hours, reading my new book (lent by Jolee) "The Rape of Nanking", and watching "The Samurai and the Swastica" on the History channel. Whew! All that, instead of doing my LS1 Calibrated Peer Review Assignment like I should have...but I finished it anyway at 2 today. Go me!

After I get someone to proofread it, I'll go swimming. I've decided that I need SOME sort of exercise, and that's a great way to get it...all over body toning, YUM!

Here's to hoping I don't get too bad a sunburn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home