Friday, May 28, 2004

Silence is NOT Assent. Ever.--Sobering reflections on the minds of men and the American Justice system

Once again, a rant on my coworker, Chris. To grasp what my anger is over, please go to THIS SITE... and search for an article called "Jury in Rape Case Deadlocks" on Friday May 28,2004.

Read it. And then, continue reading below.

My dear boy (because you are still in your opinions and attitudes an immature boy);

Please keep in mind that the female sex does not EVER wish to be "put down" to "entice/tempt" without fail all men (what are we some sort of deadly evil force? WTF?!), and that women deserve to be raped simply because they do not voice their disproval---silence DOES NOT EVER MEAN ASSENT, DESPITE WHAT RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM MAY IMPORT!

Please keep in mind that faced with an unknown situation that a person has no training for, the first reaction of the human brain is to comply or shut downn in panic, especially when there are several people present that are also "going along" with events. Ever heard of the psych experiments done by a scientist named ASH?

Well, basically people comply, and will do anything to be accepted by a group. Don't believe me? Still think that Psychology is a crock? Good. Go to these sites, and then try to tell me that again, asshole:
Mental help.net

A students take on the deal
On compliance

Oh, and honey? No sane woman is such a hoebag that as a college student, she wishes to have sex with THREE (count them, 1,2,3) men at 8 am in the morning before class, WITHOUT being drunk or mentally impaired in any way. Hello, does that even make SENSE? No, not really.

Where in hell does such a chauvinist asshole get off? Are you so bitter because you can't seem to get a girlfriend? Hmmm, lemme think about that. Maybe, just MAYBE the reason you can't get a girlfriend is because you're a LOSER, an ASSHOLE, and a CHAVINIST JERK!?!! Maybe you should consider the fact that no intelligent PERSON, let alone a WOMAN wishes to be thought of as automatically inferior if she can't stand up for herself, and if she does, she's "unnatural".

Dude, I just can't work with that dude anymore. He grates on my logic, by being completely emotive, and refusing to think logically. He may be an engineer and shit (or whatever the hell he's chosing for a career) but he SURE as hell isn't as well read or informed as me. I HAVE to be. Being a woman is hard, and if you're not aware of things in the larger and smaller view, you won't get ahead in a male-dominated world. So It really boils my blood when Some guy tries to tell me that some girl was raped because her story was 'weak' and she didn't say no.

God damn you, you fucking wanna-be rapist! (never thought I'd actually be condemning someone). So if a girl never said no (and didn't say yes either) you'd just proceed with whatever the hell you wanted? I wouldn't wanna be YOUR girlfriend. GRRRRRRRRRR. So angry about this still... Let me tell you, that's not how it works. It's called reciprocity. And it means BEING EQUAL, and that means being able to say no or yes. And you being able to RESPECT THAT.

And haven't you heard of DENIAL? People go through it all the time. It's been studied that rape victims will often not even REPORT a rape because their mind is in such a state of shock. And haven't you heard of something else called RESISTANCE? If someone resists (like the other people the young men visited in the dorms) then a person is not likely to try again, unless they are excessively stupid. Initial resistance means that there would be continued resistance, a struggle, NOISE. But if someone doesn't resist at all, wouldn't any guy try to see how far he could go? Not ALL guys are like this, but human beings as a general rule like to TEST each other's limits. Or supercede them into excess, as in the case of rape.

I talked to the duty RD and some other peepz in Rieber, and evidently the boys got off on rape, but the prosecution will get those bastards for something else. Assault, I hope. A civil charge of mental distress and diestruction of life, or something. ANYTHING.

Oh, and do you even KNOW how juries are selected boy? No, I didn't THINK so. (more on that later...)

Makes me glad that I'm going to Spain next year. I'm not so sure that I want to live in a country that is unwilling to protect a woman's rights from fear and intimidation. Fuck that.

Oh, and Chris? FUCK YOU.

Thus ends my rant.

On another note, thursday was fun. I slept through the workshop, and then just chilled all night long, reading the paper, decorating my notebook for next year...and reading my spain green book. Sounds like its going to be really beautiful and fun. YAY!

Allright, am all packed up for trip to yosemite, except for water supplies. I gotta go...have a great weekend everyone, and remember, read the paper with a critical eye! Hope you enjoyed my food for thought...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home