Saturday, May 22, 2004

No Stargazing, but lots of fun anyhow!

Waaaaaah! I guess that Kim and I are not going stargazing tonight...

On another note, am home, getting summer clothes. Wow, such a relief. Dang, but if it's summer, do I have to shave my legs when I wear shorts? Shoot...

Hanging with Mum and Da is fun. Really. Or, sweeping the patio and having Da heckle me while doing it, "...a little to the left. no, no...now a little to the right..Oh! you missed a spot..." Ha ha ha. Booger. Ah well. Hrmmm, he also shot a rubber band at my butt...must go retaliate in a juvenile fashion...HANG ON!

LATER:(after shooting the unsuspecting tv-watching dad in the butt...) My IES stuff is being sent in, I've made a checkup appointment with the dratted student health center (for visa purposes), and I've submitted my housing. I guess I'm applying to live in the dormitories in spain. Should be very interesting. Ah well, I kind of did want to live in homestay, since I've been in dormitories for TWO years now...It does get a bit old... Ah, the things I sacrifice for internet access, eh?

Ha ha, I have more goodies for the Lil' sis, but she won't get them until later...soon. The week after next, I think. Maybe? Hrm. Don't remember! Rats. Yay, dad took me out and we got my visa photos done today--they're not too bad. I may have to get more of them though. eeyike. And daddy and I made copies of official stuff for Mum, stopped at the 99 cent store, the bookstore, and the market. Yum, crackers!

I'm glad that I got so much accomplished today. It's a great feeling, knowing that the next major hurdle is getting my damn visa. Spanish consulate, here I come! I'll probably have to figure out how to get there by bus, since I don't really want to subject anyone to the long lines...I've got a book to read and a journal to start decorating. Oh, and must remember to get some good maps of spain and Salamanca and Madrid...the bookstore didn't really have any good ones, but perhaps triple A will. Hmmm.
Got to get that checkup done first though, before I go.

Bought a new book at costco. Called "Dante's Club" by Pearl-somebody or other. Looked really good. Was SO tempted at the bookstore to buy "Catch 22", 'specially since I know how good it is. (I read it during the summer). I've got to find a good library with fun/interesting/classic books to read for the summer. Or else I might have problems refraining from spending money on books.

Anywhoo, going to go do something else. Spent the afternoon/morning checking on flight fares. Bleah. All expensive. Fuck that! So now, I think I'll go read my book or start fixing up the goodies that I'm making for the little sis. Hah ha, which now she's going to be dying to know what they are...because she's probably reading this, now, isn't she? HA HA HA BWAAAHAHAHAAA! (repeat evil laugh)
But she won't find out, oh noooo!

Allright, enough with the devilishness. Off to happy literary land*.


*(aka: laine's heaven = good book

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home