Thursday, April 22, 2004

midterm madness, already?!

Siiiiigh. Midterm tomorrow, and five chapters of reading to do tonight, as well as studying. I have a study buddy at 9pm. Yeeg. Gotta Check astro course webpage for that stuff to study. AHUGHAH. Spilled the rest of my chicken noodle soup dinner on the floor, boohoo. Ah.

Stayed up FAR too late last night, goofing off. None of that shit tonight. Ugh. I got a great nap today though, came home from class and boom! I was asleep like nobody's business. 6-7hours of pure sleep. Marvelous thing when that happens. ooh, and I aced my LS1 test in section. I felt like shit though. Yikes.

I'd better go... here's something funny a friend sent me:
POLITICS

THIS IS HOW IT WORKS

A six-year-old boy goes to his dad and asks:
"What is Politics?"

Dad says:
"Well son...let me explain it to you this way:

I'm the head of the family...
so call me
The President.

Your mother is the administrator of the money...
so we call her
The Government.

We're here to take care of your needs...
so we'll call you
The People.

The nanny...
we'll consider her
The Working Class.

And your baby brother...
we'll call him
The Future.

Now think about that and see if it makes sense."

So...the little boy goes off to bed thinking about what dad has
said.
Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying,
so he gets up to check on him.

He finds that the baby has severely soiled his diaper.
The little boy goes to his parent's room
and finds his mother sound asleep.

Not wanting to wake her,
he goes to the nanny's room
and finds his daddy in bed with the nanny.

He gives up and goes back to bed.
The next morning, with everyone at the breakfast table,
the little boy says to his father:
"Dad, I think I understand the concept of politics now."

The father says:
"Good, son.
Tell me in your own words
what you think politics is all about."

The little boy replies:

"The President
is screwing
The Working Class
while
The Government
is sound asleep.

The People
are being ignored
and
The Future
is in deep shit."

Oh, and Cathy, Thanks. I'll be posting the link in a day or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home