Tuesday, November 21, 2006

garden meetings, cars, and other news in brief

Ran my first garden meeting (official) today. Had three people show up, which is good, but not great. I think I should have sent out notice with the E3 listserve...I feel like no-one responded to my email, either. Hmmm. A problem to be surmounted. I have to contact the Environmental Bruins Pres. too. About working together and their constitution, etc. etc.

It's sort of a weird week. Too short to do much important, and yet to short to cram anything in. I'm looking forward to going up north and visiting all the cousins in NorCal though. It will be interesting to see what Bobby and Neil have been up to. Besides drinking and carousing, of course. Knowing my sister, she'll feel obligated as the oldest cousin (or the "good example") to lecture everyone on how they should be doing in college/their lives, etc. Don't get me wrong, the Jules is great, but sometimes I wish she'd lose the "I'm older than you, so I know all the secrets of the world [better than you]" attitude. Not only is it extremely condescending, but it's annoying. Plus, nobody listens anyways. Well, at least I don't. I listen to mom and dad, usually....haha, selective hearing, of course.

In other news, Jules has a new car. This is good, she can actually drive the thing with her crippled hand and all. I sorta randomly dubbed it "peanut". And when I say randomly, I really mean RANDOMLY: I was just suggesting names, and that was the one she liked. haha It's actually a little white toyota corolla 2003. No relation whatsoever to its name. What can I say, we're pretty random when we name things.

Save the Ales is at nine. It's only six thirty, and I'm bored. Maybe I'll go home (another bike ride, I'm getting good) and cook something. Hm. Maybe that's a good idea, before I start drinking on an empty stomach. On the other hand, I don't really want to go home, and then not come back for the party. Awww, fuck it, I'm going! I can even bring some of the leftover beer we still have from our halloween party (uggg, bud light is such piss).

Right, I'd better get going! I have food to make, and tv to watch while making it...or something!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home